Government Purchasing Specialist
Direct Hire – Kansas City (Overland Park, KS)
Execute & Facilitate Contractual Purchasing Obligations
The Government Purchasing Specialist is a detail-oriented individual responsible for executing and facilitating contractual purchasing obligations with our client buyers and supplier partners. This position will transact and complete client purchase orders in a timely, efficient, professional, and profitable manner. This individual will research and provide adequate supplier contacts to comply with agreed upon procurement agreements. Under the direction of the Government Department Manager, this Government Purchasing Specialist will be the primary contact that maintains relationships with suppliers, negotiating as necessary to meet the required deliverables, as well as coordinating quality control of our procurement deliverables to validate compliance with existing contracts.
In addition, this person will support the Government Department team in negotiating settlements with both clients and suppliers due to damage claims, rejections, losses, the return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations, and engineering changes. This position will also assist the Department Manager in department level reports as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Government Department Manager.
- A High School Diploma & associate degree in business management or a related field is required.
- 3 Years+ government project management, procurement, and purchasing experience is required; 5 Years+ is preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
- Excellent Self-Motivation and Organization Skills.
- Excellent Time Management, Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills including proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of procurement software and systems.
- Proficiency with database applications and contact management systems.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet & word processing software.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with both client buyers and supplier partners.
- Ability to promote and maintain positive influences while always presenting a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve desired performance results while adapting to changing requirements.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position located in our southern Overland Park, KS area headquarters. Standard working hours are typically Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. Occasionally, this position may require more than a standard, 40-hour work week as well as availability 24/7 to effectively manage corporate objectives. Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a passenger vehicle.
Duties & Tasks
- Coordinate with the ROYAL Warehouse Associate to fulfill orders, complete shipment of materials, and resolve inventory discrepancies as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with various clients, suppliers, and internal contacts.
- Communicate & respond effectively with clients, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Negotiate best cost practices for products as set forth by GOV guidelines.
- Update the appropriate databases daily.
- Multi-task and coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems.
- Work effectively and decisively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Address customer complaints and resolve all in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate lead times for procured materials to meet client delivery requirements.
- Expedite and coordinate emergency, client Purchase Order requests to meet critical deadlines.
- Manage and maintain compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies, and procedures.
- Complete all work in alignment within required delivery and profitability objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate logistical files and operational reports.
- Work with other departments within ROYAL as requested and required.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with integrity and honesty.
In addition to the above, the duties of the Government Purchasing Specialist include other responsibilities and tasks that are traditionally associated with this position, or that may be assigned to this position.
Measures of Performance
- Maintain 100% Customer Satisfaction.
- Accurately process Purchase Order payables and receivables for invoicing within fourteen (14) days of product delivery.
- Complete all work and assigned tasks in alignment with required profitability objectives.
- Meet or exceed the operational goals of the department.
- Meet or exceed the financial goals of the department.
In addition, our staff is expected to work in the spirit of OPTIC, our five (5) Key Pillars philosophy:
- Ownership – Accountability To Each Other.
- Professionalism – Impeccable Integrity.
- Tenacity – Delivering Excellence.
- Innovation – Driving Value.
- Collaboration – Open Communication.
Pinnacle Groups is an employee administration company providing customized recruiting, staffing and HR solutions to assist growing businesses throughout the Kansas City, Topeka, Wichita, Des Moines, Denver, Phoenix and Tucson markets.
Your Next Career Move
Send us the info at right and one of our recruiters will contact you directly!