Chief Building Engineer
Downtown Kansas City, MO
Building Maintenance Industry
Health insurance, Vision, Dental, Life insurance, FSA, 401k
Holiday pay and PTO hours
Company vehicle where applicable
Pinnacle Employer Services has partnered with a leading owner-operator of commercial office space within the greater Kansas City area. This commercial property organization is headquartered in the Kansas City area and has been in business for the better part of 40 years.
Responsibilities for Chief Engineer
- Manages 8 other engineers, setting schedules, and keeping accountability of engineer performance.
- Mentoring new engineers
- Adhering staff to keep to the maintenance schedule for the HVAC life safety and mechanical equipment.
- Oversee 3 buildings, 1 is 41 stories, the others are 18 and 5 stories.
- Responds to service calls from tenants to provide a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment.
- Assist and coordinate with all in-house and outside engineers or contractors.
- Prepares and maintains proper procedure manuals, operation guides and repair files.
- Complete the monthly Building Operations Checklist for each building as required by the schedule.
- Performs and/or assists in the analysis of water chemistry of the cooling and heating systems to insure maintenance of appropriate treatment levels.
- Cooperates with insurance inspectors, fire department personnel or city inspectors in regular inspections of the building.
- Maintains fire alarm systems, smoke detectors and pull stations.
- Conducts weekly tours and checks on all firefighting equipment.
- Minimum of 8+ yrs of successful experience in the HVAC / mechanical maintenance area.
- Previous expeirence as a Lead or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Certifications in HVAC, air quality, refrigerant is not required but highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of building mechanics, HVAC, plumbing and electrical is desired.
- Client interaction, strong customer service and leadership abilities are a plus.
Pinnacle Groups is an employee administration company providing customized recruiting, staffing and HR solutions to assist growing businesses throughout the Kansas City, Topeka, Wichita, Des Moines, Denver, Phoenix, Tucson and Orlando markets.
EOE: We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Ready to Engineer Your Career?
Send us the info at right and one of our recruiters will contact you directly!